Results-oriented executive with 30 years’ experience building top-performing marketing, program management, and sales divisions for start-up, mid-size, and high growth organizations. Excel in building strategic alliances to fuel revenue growth. Experience in retail technologies, specifically point-of-sale system, enterprise systems, service-as-a-software (SaaS), management reporting, consulting, business intelligence, and B2B commerce. Core competencies include key account straegy and management, brand development, new product launch, collateral material development, program development, and system process review and analysis.
b2b Solutions, LLC, Lake Forest, Illinois
Full service consulting company for retailers and suppliers to retail firms.
Consulting Partner, (2011 – Present)
- Work with technology based clients to define and execute strategic and tactical marketing and sales plans
- Assist client executives positioning, and launch plans for new products.
Riverbend Consulting LLC,Austin, Texas (2009 – 2011)
Marketing and Sales Consulting for Retail Technology Companies
Work with technology companies to create go-to-market business, marketing, and sales strategies
- Define and execute strategic and tactical marketing and sales plans to increase client's market penetration and revenue growth
- Consult with company executives on new products, positioning, and launch plans
- Create sales processes and procedures; develop tools for return on investment analysis, develop sales agreement and sales compensation plans, establish sales reporting structure; oversee weekly sales meetings and provide direction
Dresser Wayne, Austin, Texas (2006 – 2009)
Global Point-of-Sale and Fuel Dispenser Manufacturer
Program and Key Account Management of Fortune 5 Company
Direct report to Global Marketing Executive Vice President. Responsible for product development and customer relations for company's largest global point-of-sale customer; annual maintenance revenue of $2.4 million for a total of 4,500 sites.
- Responsible for cross-functional teams (engineering, quality, and support services); consulted with client to identify and prioritize product requirements, managed Agile product development process, and consulted with support services on implementation and rollout operations
- Full responsibility for customer satisfaction; mitigated outstanding issues; defined and implemented communication strategy to establish a transparent and collaborative operation; resulted in significant increase in customer satisfaction and continued funding for new product development
- Managed internal and external stakeholders for engineering reviews and lessons learned; created best practices
Performance Retail, Austin, Texas (2004 – 2006)
Retail Business Intelligence Startup×Dresser Wayne Acquired in 2006
Vice President Business Development and Professional Services
Direct report to Executive Vice President Marketing. Oversaw and managed multiple critical functions, as required in a SaaS start-up business.
- Defined and directed professional services team; created processes and procedures for new client implementation and rollout; managed services team
- Responsible for product development; managed collaborative effort with prospective customers and established clients for development of new features and functions; resulted in a more robust and competitive product offering
- Created collateral materials, white papers, product sheets, brochures, sales presentations, proposals, sample report catalogs, return-on-investment analysis, online webinars, surveys, and email campaigns
Fintech.net, Tampa, Florida (2002 – 2004)
Vice President Marketing and Sales
Direct report to the President. Provided distributed payment alternatives for alcohol purchases in different vertical markets.
- Managed national sales team; increased total store count, revenues, and transaction goals 18% year-over-year
- Full responsibility for marketing strategies and tactical activities; resulting in increased market penetration, unaided awareness, and 18% sales growth
- Created collateral materials and sales tools to clearly communicate features, advantages, and benefits
Professional Datasolutions, Inc. (PDI), Temple, Texas (1987 – 2001)
Retail Enterprise Software, Consulting, Hardware, and SaaS
Vice President Marketing and SaaS Operations
Direct report to the President. Created and delivered a SaaS financial and management reporting service to Fortune 10 company; resulted in the company's largest gross margin of recurring annual income.
- Created from concept through execution to executive management of an international SaaS division; increasing company revenue over $7,000,000 in first 18 months; maintained full responsibility for profit/loss of domestic and international divisions
- Managed staff of 70+ in domestic and international divisions
- Full responsibility for strategic and tactical marketing activities, including brand and product positioning, lead generation, advertising, trade shows, account development and management, collateral development, product launch, competitive analysis and writing of agreements
- Negotiated strategic alliances to increase profitability, provide stronger customer solutions, and enhance product offering; created annual increase in revenue of $100,000 through third-party relationships
Masters Business Administration, Marketing and Economics, 1982
Mississippi College – Clinton, Mississippi
Bachelors Business Administration, Marketing, 1977
Florida State University – Tallahassee, Florida
Certified Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Practitioner
National Association of Convenience Stores (1982 to present)
Member, Supplier Committee (2006)